Health And Safety.
All workers will receive training for their work placement and will attend an induction which they will be required to sign that they have undertaken this. Tasks that participants carry out have also been risk assessed.
SASTAK ensure that all work placements comply with the current UK Health and Safety Legislations and all placements supervisors are fully trained by your employers to undertake their specified job.
Your employer has a duty under by law to ensure your health, safety and welfare at work includes;
- Making your workplace safe and without risks to health
- Ensuring plant and machinery are safe and that safe systems of work are set and followed
- Ensuring articles of substances are moved, stored and used safely
- Providing adequate welfare facilities
- Giving you the information, instructions, training and supervision necessary for your health and safety
- Provide any work clothing in order to do your job e.g. waterproofs
As an employee, you have legal duties which you should also consider, they include;
- Taking responsible care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do
- Co-operating with your employer on health and safety
- Correctly using work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training and instructions
- No interfering with or misusing anything provided for your health, safety and welfare
- If you feel you are placed in an unsafe work environment – please raise the issue with your employer or contact SASTAK
Workers will sign to agree the above information and they have understood their induction and H&S.
Sastak complies with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
What's On »
For Sale & Wanted Items »
Machinery Ring »
Craven Arms, Shropshire, SY7 8DZ
Telephone: 01588 673636
Fax: 01588 672205